non-latin chars in url appear as weird symbols
« on: November 15, 2008, 01:37:51 PM »
Hello,
first of all i'd like to thank you for the great product... i'll probably need the above 500 links soon, but just wanted to understand somthing before...
i have non latin chars in my urls, it is important for me to have does.
when i try to create the site maps, all the non-lating letters are changed to weird symbols, and the urls in the map looks somthing like this:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]”סר˜™ם/videodirectlink/  ???
is that ok? i tried to enter such an address but couldn't, and got 404 page.
is it possible to turn the symbols to real letters?
thanks,
Yandos.
Re: non-latin chars in url appear as weird symbols
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 03:31:22 PM »
Dow you think that it is safe to provide a site with such urls?

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]”ια†ημίƒει‚/•νημερ‰„ικά-†ρθρα/”ια†ημ郄εί„ε-ƒ„ο-TexnikosNET.gr.html

Will these be decoded before used by Google?

Regards, Panagiotis
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 10:03:26 AM »
Great! Now it seems that url encoding is OK but free on-line version only includes 8 entries into site map file. Why is that? Can you please check it on my site? [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

I tried to install standalone demo version on my site getting following error report:

An error occured
There was an error while retrieving the URL specified: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
HTTP headers follow:
Wed, 29 Dec 2010 09:57:13 GMT
Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.9
PHP/5.2.9
CP="NOI ADM DEV PSAi COM NAV OUR OTRo STP IND DEM"
/index.php?lang=el
close
text/html
HTTP output:

I'm willing to proceed purchasing unlimited version but I need you to ensure me that it will work on sites like this one: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Thank you in advance.

Regards, Panagiotis
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 12:07:19 PM »
Thank you for your prompt reply.

How is it possible? If you visit the site [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and hover mouse on links, you will notice on browser's status bar that each url starts with "index.php" followed by one or more path elements, for example [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

I'm probably missed something, can you please help me more on this?

Regards, Panagiotis
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 10:47:59 PM »
The redirect is sent via http header, as you can see using our http viewer with link I posted above.
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 09:57:42 AM »
Thanks again for your time. I'm not that experienced to understand the problem, I was surprised because I click on links and get directed to the proper page!

What do you think I could do to fix this? Site is based on Joomla! 1.5 with sh404sef component converting normal "&" based urls to search engine friendly by creating urls using section, category and title.

Regards, Panagiotis