Takes hours and sticks
« on: February 21, 2009, 06:29:57 AM »
Hello,

The permissions are set now ont he windows server, but the crawl keeps stopping and so far ony around 3000 pages out of abouut 15,000 have been crawled.

After reeading other posts here I have now asked host to change max time from 30 to 1200, and I hope this will fix it. Are there any other parameters I should ask the host to alter?

Thinking ahead, once the first sitemap has been generated, can I set it up so that it doesn't have to crawl the complete site every time I want an updated sitemap?

Regards

Tog
Re: Takes hours and sticks
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 03:47:23 PM »
Hello,

another setting that might be required to update is "memory_limit" option in PHP configuration.

Sitemap generator have to start crawling from the start every time you create new sitemap since it's not possible to guess where the new link will be found unless you check existing pages.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 06:11:50 AM »
J have asked my host to change settings but they now need this information:

<Quote>Can you ask them are these registry php.Ini or metabase changes so that I can get this resolved for you , and what should the new values be</Quote>

Can you help please, as this is driving me crazy. I have been trying to get a sitemap for days and it ony does around 400 pages a day out of around 15,000.

Regards

Tog
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 05:59:41 PM »
Please PM me your generator URL/login first so that I can check that.