XML Sitemaps Generator

Author Topic: Can I submit sitemap to Blogger?  (Read 16827 times)

thomas1982

• Approved member
Can I submit sitemap to Blogger?
« on: March 19, 2009, 11:17:51 AM »
Hi. I run a blog and I have trouble with google indexing robots. I upoaded my rss adrress but Google still says there are 23 restricted links on my blog. That's why I turned to xml sitemap. I generated a new code with their free xml sitemap generatin tool but I do not know where to place this code in my blog. I know I have to place it in html blogger section but where exactly. Under <head> above, below .... Can anyone help me where exactly should I put new html sitemap code.

Thanks so much

XML-Sitemaps Support

• Administrator
Re: Can I submit sitemap to Blogger?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 01:40:56 AM »
Hello,

the XML sitemap should be created as a separate file on your site, not inside of html code of other pages, so you can open it as www.domain.com/sitemap.xml
Oleg Ignatiuk
www.xml-sitemaps.com
Send me a Private Message

For maximum exposure and traffic for your web site check out our additional SEO Services.

thomas1982

• Approved member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 06:26:46 AM »
[external links are visible to admins only]
Hello,

the XML sitemap should be created as a separate file on your site, not inside of html code of other pages, so you can open it as [external links are visible to admins only]
Hello Admin.

Ok, I see. I should do put code into html page structure. So I tried to upload sitemap  as  html code on my blog's sidebar, but it appeared on my blog's sidebar as a huge list of URL-s. (see in attachment). Can you tell me, how I can upload generated sitemap to my blogger as a file?
If this works, I promise to promote you on my blog.
Thanks

XML-Sitemaps Support

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 10:19:42 PM »
Hello,

I can't say for sure, but after quick check it appears that Blogger doesn't allow to upload any files, I'd recommend you to check that with blogger support to make sure.
Oleg Ignatiuk
www.xml-sitemaps.com
Send me a Private Message

For maximum exposure and traffic for your web site check out our additional SEO Services.

thomas1982

• Approved member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 08:52:33 AM »
Hi,
Thanx for support. I will contact blogger support.
Keep up the good work.

Thomas

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
XHTML RSS WAP2