cs4

THANK YOU! As somebody who has been building websites since 1995, I truly appreciate companies like yours who do worthwhile upgrades/updates, and offer the updates without cost, particularly on an extremely affordable $20 piece of software.  :D

I think your policy should be for those who lose their download link, they should simply buy a new one. The $20 cost is less than the time you should be spending educating people on how to manage their digital assets.

TIP for newbies: generally it's  a good idea to keep back-ups of your websites ... if you're building a sitemap with a product like this, you should be saving copies of your entire website to your hard drive, then saving that to a second drive optical media, flash media, or similar. When you BUY software like this, you should be saving it to a "work" folder in the same place as your site backups, and you should save a copy of your receipts, logins, etc in the same folder as the cgi/php or other scripts you buy.

Remember it's not this company's fault if you can't keep track of your digital assets. Please be kinder in your comments for these folks, as they are invested in doing good software and not managing your email.
ditto, this aint a kindergarden. $20 is a steal, be grateful for that.

Install the new version and am getting the following errors:

Warning: fopen(\\HOSTING\DFS\20\3\2\8\2022961823\user\sites\stgelais.com\www\generator/data/generator.conf) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in \\HOSTING\DFS\20\3\2\8\2022961823\user\sites\stgelais.com\www\generator\pages\class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 118

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in \\HOSTING\DFS\20\3\2\8\2022961823\user\sites\stgelais.com\www\generator\pages\class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 119

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in \\HOSTING\DFS\20\3\2\8\2022961823\user\sites\stgelais.com\www\generator\pages\class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 120

I followed the install instructions. Any ideas on what I can do to fix it?

Scott
Can any of the Admins comment on this, do I have to pay another 20 dollars? 

I literally just bought it a few days ago and have no idea where that email went.  Mishaps do happen and I definitely don't need a lecture from people who don't even know me or the situation.

$20 isn't a bit deal I just don't think it is necessary in this case.

Thanks

I don't have the link anymore, what do i do?
I don't have the link anymore either, most people do not keep those sorts of things. Can you implement another way to get the update?
I don't have the link either what do I do?
(and others)

I've sent you the links via PM.

can we just upload the new folder to FTP and overwrite the existing files on the sever? or do we need to delete the old generator folder and install new?
Yes, you can upload new files, overwriting existing ones.

I have down loaded the ver 3 but I do not see the config.inc.php? With this upgrade do I need to update that file are just the rest of them.
There is no config.inc.php file in v3.0 now, config file is stored in data/ folder now.

Install the new version and am getting the following errors:

Warning: fopen(\\HOSTING\DFS\20\3\2\8\2022961823\user\sites\stgelais.com\www\generator/data/generator.conf) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in \\HOSTING\DFS\20\3\2\8\2022961823\user\sites\stgelais.com\www\generator\pages\class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 118

Please make sure that you have allowed write access to generator/data/ folder as described in installation instruction.
Question: what does "noise content exclusion presets supported" mean?
That option allows to exclude non-important pages from sitemap and narrow it down to the limited set of most important pages, and get them indexed faster / with higher priority as a result. Examples of non-important pages are: sorting options links (that duplicate the list that is already indexed with default sorting), "send to friend", "add to cart" - the pages that do not include the *content* that you want to get indexed in search engines in the first place.
Any customer who has received the upgrade notification but no longer has their download link, please forward the upgrade notification email to contact (@) xml-sitemaps.com requesting us to resend the link.
Philip Nicosia
Hi all,

Thank you very much for the upgrade and all the work.... I simply over wrote the "pages" directory and index.php and ran a crawl... The footer showed that the version running was 3.0 and all went without a problem...

I kept my initial email because it told me to so I had the link... I also have the link written down on a real piece of paper in case of crash but hey, maybe I am a bit overkill in that sense.. :)

To others that have lost the link I would say, hey buy a new link for 20 dollars and support this excellent project that keeps your sites up there in the rankings on auto.....

To Admin, I would say maybe you need an area where people can click if they lost their link... maybe that would help with the bitchin.... You, know, click here if you lost your link sort of thing and make it put your email to get your link again....

Once again, thank you for an excellent product at an amazing price.... Stick a donate button on your site and I'll paypal you some extra :)
Thank you guys!
So to upgrade we simply follow the 2 steps you have listed in the documentation re "upgrade"?

i.e. replace the index.php and copy in all the files from pages/ to the pages/ folder?

Nothing else? The cron will keep running along etc. ok?
Re: New Sitemap Generator 3.0 - 2 file
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 06:19:47 PM »
I downloaded the upgrade without problem.

I noticed a unix executable file called "2" in thepages directory. This is a new file I don't recognize. What is it?

Also noticed that some files in the old pages directory are now apparently not needed or have been moved (such as to the pages/mods directory). Perhaps the instructions should just say to overwrite the pages directory in it's entirety instead of upload all pages/* files. I literally uploaded the files in the pages directory and obviously that is not enough and would leave depreciated files.

Also, if the config.inc file is now supposed to be in the data directory, shouldn't we move the config.inc file or generate a new one and purge the old? Just wondering.
I don't have the link either what do I do ?
i didn't keep the mail !!!
please re send me the code
I installed the generator 3.0.Still now everything looks fine except the word 'LOGOUT' which doesn't click.It shows this way: Logout':'';?>
Does this have any solution?

gcb

THANK YOU! As somebody who has been building websites since 1995, I truly appreciate companies like yours who do worthwhile upgrades/updates, and offer the updates without cost, particularly on an extremely affordable $20 piece of software.  :D

I think your policy should be for those who lose their download link, they should simply buy a new one. The $20 cost is less than the time you should be spending educating people on how to manage their digital assets.

TIP for newbies: generally it's  a good idea to keep back-ups of your websites ... if you're building a sitemap with a product like this, you should be saving copies of your entire website to your hard drive, then saving that to a second drive optical media, flash media, or similar. When you BUY software like this, you should be saving it to a "work" folder in the same place as your site backups, and you should save a copy of your receipts, logins, etc in the same folder as the cgi/php or other scripts you buy.

Remember it's not this company's fault if you can't keep track of your digital assets. Please be kinder in your comments for these folks, as they are invested in doing good software and not managing your email.