We’re not getting any error message. For the permission in the sitemap.html, we do not use FTP migration to migrate the sitemap tool to our server, but I think it doesn’t matter because when we’re using the old sitemap version, the sitemap.html is updated with the expected result. I’ve done my own testing to verify the issue.
Test1: I have old sitemap tool setup in server A, and the sitemap tool version 3 in server B, both are working fine with sitemap.xml generation but only the old sitemap tool in server A gets to generate sitemap.html.
Test2: I change the sitemap tool version 3 in server B to old sitemap tool and then server B gets to generate sitemap.html.
I concluded base from my testing that the sitemap tool version 3 can not generate sitemap.html result.
Hope you can help us.