XML Sitemaps Generator

Author Topic: Sitemap file is not writable and I'm using this on ii6 with windows 2003  (Read 12563 times)

jwoodruff7

• Approved member
I'm using Standalone Sitemap Generator (PHP) v3.0, 2009-05-19.

I keep seeing the Sitemap file is not writable and I'm using this on ii6 with windows 2003.  I gave the iusr write permission to the entire generator directory.  What can I do to allow it to write to the sitemap.xml?

Thanks.

???

XML-Sitemaps Support

• Administrator
Hello,

make sure that you allow write access for IUSR_* usergroup, so that scripts are able to modify your sitemap files.
Oleg Ignatiuk
www.xml-sitemaps.com
Send me a Private Message

For maximum exposure and traffic for your web site check out our additional SEO Services.

jwoodruff7

• Approved member
Thanks but I already have iusr with the write permission to the entire generator folder and subfolders.  This is odd but I created a new site with the same permissions and now I don't see the error about not being able to write to the sitemap.xml.  Now there's an error about it not being able to write to my sitemap.html file.  I checked to make sure that the file and folder have write permission by the iusr and it does.

Thanks.

XML-Sitemaps Support

• Administrator
You should also manually create empty file named "sitemap.xml", put it in domain root folder and allow write access to it.
Oleg Ignatiuk
www.xml-sitemaps.com

For maximum exposure and traffic for your web site check out our additional SEO Services.

jwoodruff7

• Approved member
Thanks for you reply.  I'm not getting the sitemap.xml error anymore now.  I'm still getting this one though "Sitemap file is not writable: D:\website\generator\data\sitemap.html".  The file is there and the iusr has write permission to this as well.  Thanks again.

XML-Sitemaps Support

• Administrator
Hello,

try to remove sitemap.html file and make sure that "data" folder has write permissions for IUSR_.
Oleg Ignatiuk
www.xml-sitemaps.com

jwoodruff7

• Approved member
We've decided to move this sitemap app to a dev server of ours for testing.  This is still an ii6 windows 2003 server.  Not sure why but even though the iusr has write permissions to the entire folder/file structure I'm still seeing these errors.  Is there something else other than giving the iusr write permission?
Thanks.

Sitemap file is not writable:  C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\generator\sitemap.xml
Sitemap file is not writable: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\generator\data\sitemap.html

XML-Sitemaps Support

• Administrator
Plea\se try to allow write access to all usergroups.
Oleg Ignatiuk
www.xml-sitemaps.com

jwoodruff7

• Approved member
I gave the iusr, users, and the everyone group write permission and I still get the not able to write error.

Thanks,
Jesse

XML-Sitemaps Support

• Administrator
Can you provide us with temporary server access details to check that?
oleg at xml-sitemaps.com
Oleg Ignatiuk
www.xml-sitemaps.com

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
XHTML RSS WAP2