Generator doesn´t crawl my site
« on: May 18, 2010, 09:53:37 AM »
Hi there,

I´ve installed the generator the same way for to domains on the same webserver. One domain works fine. The other not. Generator added 1 url once. Since then I can start it whenever I want. It doesn´t add any url to the sitemap.

If I do not close or reload, it keeps on this message:

Links depth: 1
Current page: /
Pages added to sitemap: 1
Pages scanned: 1 (28.0 KB)
Pages left: 32 (+ 0 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 0:00:24
Time left: 0:12:59
Memory usage: 711.0 Kb

Regards

Alex
Re: Generator doesn´t crawl my site
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 08:08:04 PM »
I'm having the exact same problem.

Weird thing is, the free version works great, but of course maxes out at 500, which is why I bought the standalone.

I have an oscommerce site. Any ideas?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 10:04:32 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 08:41:48 AM »
I am having somewhat same problem the generator only crawls the main page of the site and it does not crawl anything else. can anyone help me out?
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 06:58:13 PM »
I am also having a similar problem.  When I try to crawl it "processes" for about 15 seconds then goes straight to the view sitemap page... however no site map is generated.  It does say that there was one 404 and it is always my homepage.  (I have triple checked the url is correct... including copy and pasting from a browser window.)

I addition, this error is in my PHP log:

PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in class.html-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 89

This is on IIS 6.0 with PHP 5.3.2 via Fast_CGI.

Thanks for any help!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 08:45:38 PM »
I was able to fix my problem...on my home page I was using the following canonical tag:

<link rel="canonical" href="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]" />

I change it to:

<link rel="canonical" href="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]" />

Note the trailing slash on the url.  After making that change the sitemap was built without problem.