XML Sitemaps Generator

Author Topic: www.mydomain/generator url showing my homepage?  (Read 8134 times)

shane10

• Registered Customer
  • Approved member
www.mydomain/generator url showing my homepage?
« on: June 01, 2010, 10:40:15 PM »
Hi, I have downloaded the unlimited generator & I'm at the stage of accessing the /generator folder to "follow the on screen instructions".

Problem when I open the url, I am presented with our homepage not (as I would hope) a configuration screen to complete the process.

Originally I had the forbidden 403 error but I changed the permissions on the /generator folder to 755 & tried again, only to get our homepage.

I'm hoping its something simple like the folder being in the wrong place or similar?

I'm stumped - can anyone help, please.  ???

Thanks
Shane

XML-Sitemaps Support

• Administrator
Re: www.mydomain/generator url showing my homepage?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 06:41:31 AM »
Hello,

please try to create a file named ".htaccess" in generator folder with one line:
Code: [Select]
RewriteEngine off
Oleg Ignatiuk
www.xml-sitemaps.com
Send me a Private Message

For maximum exposure and traffic for your web site check out our additional SEO Services.

shane10

• Registered Customer
  • Approved member
Re: www.mydomain/generator url showing my homepage?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 02:11:46 AM »
Hi, problem solved - the documentation sent with the package states "To access your sitemap generator enter your website address ([external links are visible to admins only]."

I needed to go to "[external links are visible to admins only]" to access the configuration page

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
XHTML RSS WAP2