Timeouts, but is there temporary sitemap?
« on: December 22, 2010, 12:33:05 PM »
I have this application installed on IIS.  It appears to run fine, but continues to time out.  When rerunning, it appears to pick up where it left off, but is there a temporary sitemap that is created.  Meaning, is there some portion of the sitemap that can be used until the full sitemap is done?   I have over 50,000 pages to include, which will take a long time, but I would like to include portions in the sitemap.xml as it is created.  Or, do I need to wait until it is all done?

Re: Timeouts, but is there temporary sitemap?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 02:05:57 PM »
Also, if I set up the cron job, will is continue the queued job, or overwrite previously started job?  For example, if i keep having the timeout problem, perhaps I could alleviate this with a cron job, so it will just pick up where it left off when timing out.   However, if I set the cron job to run every 10 min or so, to handle timeouts, I don't want the cron job to overwrite the sitemap.xml every time it runs.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 09:00:23 PM »
Also, how do I set it up to run a cron job that will continue an interrupted session?  Meaning, the next time the cron job runs, I need it to restart the interrupted session.  This may get around the timeout issues, as they seem to be continuing despite increase timeout settings.
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 09:22:13 PM »
Hello,

Sitemap is only created when the whole process is completed. Cron task automatically resumes previously interrupted session.