Hello All,

a new version of Sitemap Generator has been released, featured with automatic Yahoo sitemap notification.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006-10-11 v2.4

yahoo auto notification option added
html sitemap is now fully customizable
minor bug fixes and improvements
Re: Sitemap Generator 2.4 - Yahoo notification, customizable html sitemaps
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 02:20:50 PM »
Hi Oleg,

I have the unlimited version of your sitemap program that I pruchased about two or three months ago. We noticed you now offer a newer version of this with the Yahoo feed fix. Where and how can I download this newer version and will I have to perform a complete re-install?
I would hate to erase my working setting.  ;)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 10:27:42 PM »
Hello,

you can get the latest version using the same download link we sent you in activation email :)
For the upgrade you can backup your config.inc.php file, upload new file and reupload settings file after that.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 01:23:39 PM »
Hello,

you can get the latest version using the same download link we sent you in activation email :)
For the upgrade you can backup your config.inc.php file, upload new file and reupload settings file after that.

Thanks, but I have a few computers and really need to download this while I am away from the computer in question. Does your company offer an area (link)where we could log in and download this file?

Thanks
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 01:15:34 AM »
Hello,

there is no special area on the site with download links, I've just re-sent the download link to your email.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 03:04:35 PM »
Cool, installed and everything appears to be working. The upgrade went well thank.

Question:
I have generated the feeds and submitted to Yahoo manually, but how can I verify they have recieved it?
There is link at Yahoos page that allows you to validate the feed prior to submitting it. called the feed validator:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
When I run this, using my feed I.E;
 "[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]" it gives me an error, "Unable to validate, due to hardcoded resource limits (feed length > 200000 bytes)" So the feed is lengthy.

I went ahead and submitted it either way but have no idea how or where it could be viewed as either accepted or not and how can we tell if this infact "pinged" yahoo about the feed being generated?

Thanks for all your help.  ;D

Never mind, figured out where you submit and view your site.  :'(
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 03:08:34 PM by bibifq »
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 03:05:51 PM »
a new version of Sitemap Generator has been released, featured with automatic Yahoo sitemap notification.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006-10-11 v2.4
yahoo auto notification option added
html sitemap is now fully customizable
minor bug fixes and improvements

And it is GREAT. Purchased the unlimited version. Downloaded. Unzipped. Uploaded to server. Some slight amendments to the config. Hit the Crawl button - and it worked first time !

Fantastic.
Gordon
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 03:27:12 PM »
There is link at Yahoos page that allows you to validate the feed prior to submitting it. called the feed validator:

Never mind, figured out where you submit and view your site.  :'(
I too tried the feed validator link (using v 2.4 of sitemap generator) and I got the following errors.

Sorry
This feed does not validate.
      line 17, column 0: item must contain either title or description (484 occurrences) [help]
          </item>
      line 109, column 80: Invalid character in a URI: ' ' (38 occurrences) [help]
          <link>[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] star Anna Kourni ...
                                                                                       ^
      line 2916, column 0: Missing channel element: description [help]
          </channel>
In addition, this feed has an issue that may cause problems for some users. We recommend fixing this issue.
      line 11, column 0: item should contain a guid element (485 occurrences) [help]
          </item>

Anyone in Admin got any ideas ?
Gordon
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 10:50:17 PM »
Hello,

you should submit urllist.txt sitemap to Yahoo (not ror.xml) - this is a text formatted sitemap and it shouldn't be validated.
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 12:39:25 PM »
ehrer i can dowload this version ?
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 04:06:33 PM »
Hi.

I'm trying to download the version 2.4. The download seems to be OK but when I try to open the "generator.zip" file I get an error "generator.zip is not supported archive" - I use 7Zip and have tested fine  with previous version 2.3 and multiple other .zip files-. The file seems to be corropted or something. I tryed the download with different browser. The only way I could download is using my Linux PC and then burn the unzip file to a CD then copy it on my XP laptop!!! In Linux I could unpack the file OK. If I sent the .zip file by email to me and then open the email and the attached .zip file on my XP laptop I would get the same error.

Is it a format issue?

Could you help me with this problem please? :)

Thanks for your help

Philippe
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 05:08:30 PM »
pb3d. I have sent you a private message.

Gordon.
Gordon
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 06:02:10 PM »
I'm having the same problem with the zip file, I get "decompression failed". I tried it with an ooooold zip program and it unzipped but the pages and data folders are empty. Please advise!!