XML Sitemaps Generator

Author Topic: Sitemap Generator never completes the job  (Read 8196 times)

• Registered Customer
  • Approved member
Sitemap Generator never completes the job
« on: February 21, 2011, 02:10:15 PM »
I have been using the generator for over 2 years now. Previously our (zen cart) website was carrying about 200 products and no problems at all to generate sitemaps.
( [external links are visible to admins only] ) Now it carries more than 2,000 items and growing. Unfortunately (although we recently updated to 5.0) the generator will never deliver a sitemap. I spent the entire week trying over and over. The program is all set to defaults. It would work for hours and frozen for long periods. I close the browser before I go bed believing that it would keep working as promised. However I have to restart the job in the morning from where it was "interrupted". I have attached a screenshot from where the system is usually frozen for. What would the problem be? Thanks.

XML-Sitemaps Support

• Administrator
Re: Sitemap Generator never completes the job
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 12:35:01 AM »

make sure that you selected Exclusion preset for "Oscommerce" (it's compatible with zen cart) in generator settings, then start generator from the scratch (without resuming the process)
Oleg Ignatiuk
Send me a Private Message

For maximum exposure and traffic for your web site check out our additional SEO Services.

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines