Cron job - How long to create?
« on: April 20, 2012, 03:40:19 PM »
Hi,

I have an unlimited generator which I sent to my hosting company to put on their server.

However they have come back to me saying they need to create a cron to make the file auto update every day.

How long would a cron take to create and I feel the time and cost they are quoting is too high.

Cheers
Will
Re: Cron job - How long to create?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 09:22:02 AM »
Hello,

you can order our installation service (which includes cron task setup if you can provide hosting control panel access): https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/generator-addons.html
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 01:13:39 PM »
Hi mate, our hosting wont give anyone access to the control panel. Only them.

What I need to know is why if I send them the unlimited generator do they need to charge me "x" amount for a cron job?

How long should this take? As I feel they are ripping me off.

If I bought the service for XML online pro service for you to host on your server, can you do this if my site is hosted externally and can you do this without access to the current server?
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 05:46:26 PM »
Setting up a cron task is a few minutes work, not really sure why they are charging for that separately.

If I bought the service for XML online pro service for you to host on your server, can you do this if my site is hosted externally and can you do this without access to the current server?
Yes, Pro service is designed to create sitemaps for external sites and host it on our server, i.e. no changes are needed on your server.