WORDPRESS in sub directory
« on: December 11, 2012, 09:14:54 AM »
Hi,

I have just added wordpress in a sub directory called blog/

There is a link from the main directory to the root of the blog and vica versa and I have indexed the website to see that the wordpress directory called 'blog' has not been indexed. I have ran thru a number of posts here and there does not seem to be a resolution. Is there a standard method for getting the 'blog' indexed on my sitemap?

Website is at [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

And wordpress is within [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 09:40:18 AM by info1625 »
Re: WORDPRESS in sub directory
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 04:38:29 PM »
Hello,

your blog link points to non-www domain, make sure that is hosted on www.domain.com/blog/, same as main site.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 04:48:15 PM »
Hi there,

Yes the blog is hosted on the same server as [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]! I will change the blog link to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] but I have this link a little further down under news item on the page. So my blog is asctually inside a folder within my main directory!!

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 04:52:57 PM »
Changed blog link to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and the link does actually open the wordpress page!

Have just done sitemap generator and still fails to index the files within /blog

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 06:19:26 PM »
Thanks for putting me in the right direction and for anyone else having the same problem this is what I had!

I put wordpress including the index.php into a folder called 'blog' within my main website. Then had a link from my main website as follows [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

This link would lead to the wordpress blog, however when running the generator it would not pick up the files from within the folder because it was an 'external' link!

So I changed it simply to blog/index.php

Tested the link on the main website and it still goes to the wordpress blog.

More importantly when I run the generator it now picks up the files from within the folder because it follows the internal link (blog/index.php) and indexes the pages.

Hope my pains will help others who have a similar problem.

:)