Image Sitemap Not Generated in IIS 7 Server
« on: January 28, 2013, 02:51:19 PM »
Hi there, Yesterday I have purchased pro version of standalone sitemap generator and installed in our IIS 7 Web Server. After few trial and error I got my sitemap.xml ready and even video sitemap was created but after trying hard I have to raise this thread as script is unable to generate an image sitemap for our website. Apart from that even I have got few 301 redirected urls to newly generated urls, all such urls are also not displayed in generated sitemap.xml file. Hope you will guide asap.

Thanks

Brijesh
Re: Image Sitemap Not Generated in IIS 7 Server
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 12:51:22 PM »
Hello,

could you please PM me your generator URL and an example URL that is not included in sitemap and how it can be reached starting from homepage?

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 01:18:10 PM »
Hello,

I have created manually xml sitemap, further recently I generated video sitemap, where software has created thumbnail image of video in a separate folder at path of generator/data and link of all such image url is used in video sitemap. We have blocked generator/pages/ path in order to disable crawlers reach specific page folder as we are worried about those pages being crawled in Google.  Here we face problem by submitting that particular sitemap in Google webmaster, they seems showing errors as particular path of images are blocked by robots.txt fie but we have only blocked generator/pages path. Please help to resolve asap.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 10:45:07 AM »
Which pages in data/ folder you want to have blocked? You can modify robots.txt to block only specific pages and not the whole data/ folder (where video thumbnails are stored)