weeks to create and does not run in backround
« on: March 11, 2015, 09:29:24 PM »

eg,,,Please note! The script will run in the background until completion, even if browser window is closed. does not work,,have to start again from last session.

takes over a week to  scan 1103 pages. what a nightmare... im not to clued up with websites, but other sites iv paid for iv had them log into my sight and fix within a day or 2.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 07:21:35 AM by XML-Sitemaps Support »
Re: weeks to create and does not run in backround
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 07:21:42 AM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.
not working, freezing.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 09:22:40 PM »
Hi, i paid for your sitemap quite a bit ago but still can not get it working. can you please help. its freezing, does not run when browser closes, sometimes does not run at all.

Thanks

Steven
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 06:37:47 PM »
Hello,  in this case I would recommend to run generator in command line if you have ssh access to your server.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 06:54:14 PM »
hi,

i have no idea what ssh is, im not clued up with server things,

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 07:03:02 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.

Also, make sure to keep the browser window open until it completed the process.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 07:31:06 PM »
hi,

memory_limit = 128M

max_execution_time = 36000

Do they need to be changed

thanks.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 07:59:44 PM »
Please try that.
Also, make sure to keep the browser window open until it completed the process.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 08:05:44 PM »
The memory_limit and max_execution_time have always been set as this, i have left my computer turned on with the browser window open for the past week but still not complete

thanks

steven
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 08:00:51 PM »
well iv had the sitemap running for over a month. this is not on at all, i have not been given much support at all, all other free sitemaps finish within a day so i don't know why 1 i have paid for takes over a month. i will ask you again, can you please fix this, if not can i please have a refund. regards steven
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:02:51 PM by admin670 »
still taking ages to create
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 01:24:25 AM »
i bought your unlimited sitemap that has has issues since day 1, takes over 2 weeks to create the sitemap, you now have upgraded the sitemap so do i get to download the new 1 for free or have to pay again?? can u please tell me why it is taking 2 weeks to create the sitemap and what can be done to fix this. pretty pissed off with paying for something that does not do what it is ment to do.
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2015, 09:31:15 AM »
Hello,

The crawling time itself depends on the website page generation time mainly, since it crawls the site similar to search engine bots.
For instance, if it it takes 1 second to retrieve every page, then 1000 pages will be crawled in about 16 minutes.
5 days still not done
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 01:55:39 AM »
dam me,,,, what is wrong with this thing,,,,,,, why is it taking so long,,, fix the problem please,, it is really annoying me,, been issue for over a year... still not fixed.... takes so long to create a site map,,, what is the problem????