Hello, I am a new Google blogger. Treat me as though I was just born yesterday. Ok, I generated a site map but became totally lost right afterwards. Where is this public_html folder and how do I upload the site map to my blog?
If you can explain this to me In newbie terms, I would be greatly thankful. I don't have a server. Or would that be referred to as the Google server? Totally confusted here.
Also, the site map I generated is indicating 6 pages. I only have two posts right now. Is this a problem?
Once I abled to upload my site map, does this map actually appears on my blog?
Also, I read the instructions 1-6 that was given to another newbie for an easier explaination--but I don't get it.
1. Create a folder "generator/ under your root public html folder (need more details/where is this?) and extract archive contents there (how and what archive contents?)
2. After unpacking (what is this?) you will enter this folder and set permission (meaning?) for "generator/config.inc.php:" file and "generate/data" accordingly.
3. Then create an empty (meaning) "sitemap.xml" file in the root public_html folder (lost again) and set permissions (meaning?) to it.
4. After that you will open the script (where/what is this?) in browser by going to [external links are visible to admins only]
5. There is the documentation page with other details in the archive.
I appreciate any help. Thanks!
[external links are visible to admins only]