didn't create sitemap
« on: September 01, 2015, 10:57:20 PM »
OK, I just installed on a new server but having a little problem. Sitemap ran about 24 hours and did not create sitemap.

ror.xml and sitemap.xml are chmod 666 and are located in the public folder (not the generator folder)

data folder chmod 777
pages folder chmod 755
generator chmod 755

save sitemap to: /home/realtorc/public_html/sitemap.xml
but the hints current path to Sitemap generator is: /home/realtorc/public_html/generator/
what one is correct?

HTML Sitemap filename (full name, with path):
/home/realtorc/public_html/generator/data/sitemap.html
Re: didn't create sitemap
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 06:48:23 AM »
Hello,

>> save sitemap to: /home/realtorc/public_html/sitemap.xml

this one is correct.

>>  Sitemap ran about 24 hours and did not create sitemap.

What is the result you get  in browser window after this time?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 06:09:10 PM »
I shortened some of the sitemap features and it created the sitemap. It ran for 24 hours without creating the sitemap the 1st time. I was not used to the sitemap generator running so long.
My web hosting company did not appreciate the long running sitemap. Yesterday it ran for about 6 hours and only created 4000 links. That is not the whole site.
If I was to crawl only certain parts of the site each day where do I change that information?
Should I change Starting URL: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
or do I add that someplace else.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 08:02:27 AM »
> If I was to crawl only certain parts of the site each day where do I change that information?

In case if Starting URL points to a subfolder like domain.com/folder/ then generator will only crawl pages in that folder.