Getting: Error 500 - Internal Server Error
« on: July 17, 2016, 07:35:33 PM »

I get the following error:

Error 500 - Internal Server Error

An error was encountered while processing your request. Typically this is a temporary condition. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.

The sitemap generation completes, but my concern is that the search engine ping is not completing.
Re: Getting: Error 500 - Internal Server Error
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 10:42:52 PM »
Until I can be provided a means to confirm that the XML-Sitemaps script is in fact correctly pinging the search engines, I needed a means to ease my own mind on this.. So as a stopgap measure to ENSURE that my generated sitemaps are being submitted, I added this script to handle the submission.

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Would like to know what the cause of 500 error is so I can truly rectify it.. To reiterate, it appears that the sitemaps are created correctly.. I get the email informing that my sitemap was generated successfully, but that email gives no indication as to whether or not the sitemap ping is working..
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 10:02:29 AM »
Hello,

in this case I would recommend to run generator in command line if you have ssh access to your server.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 07:21:38 PM »
Sorry to be dense, but how would I do that?
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 08:33:55 PM »
Nevermind.. Found this post: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/forum/index.php/topic,1712.msg5975.html#msg5975

Helped provide the insight I needed.. Unfortunately I'm still not clearly seeing that the sitemap was submitted.. Neither the cron job email nor the email I got from this script gives me the information which confirms that the search engine ping took place.. How do I confirm that??
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 05:35:08 AM »
Hello,

a notificaiton email from the script is sent after all actions have been completed, including pinging search engines.