yoc

html sitemaps only 2kb and empty
« on: August 29, 2017, 07:25:39 PM »
Just finished running generator and in it's current configuration completed 87 blank (2kb) table-of-contents.htm pages in the root.
Other xml maps are ok (13 sitemaps- 1000 pages each)-  it did create the .ror map and the urllist in the root.

Takes 21:28:10s to complete
Using Installed version: v7.1
Latest version: v7.2 I cannot get to run properly...permission things

This is a Windows iis 7.5  server.

url is yocracing.com

Thanks for any help
Jay
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:19:54 PM by yoc »
Re: html sitemaps only 2kb and empty
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 04:48:23 AM »
Hello,

in case if html sitemap is empty, perhaps some files are corrupted, please try to reupload all generator files.

yoc

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 05:26:18 PM »
Tried an experiment and had the generator write the files to the generator/data directory and they are ok there. Problem is when I try to write them to the site root. The files are written, they are just blank (2kb big). Style is being applied.

Just started happening and not sure what happened to cause it.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 07:23:50 AM »

Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.

yoc

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 09:37:33 PM »
Updated to the latest generator v7.2, 2017-03-14
Updated PHP files to 7.1.9

Reran the generator (takes a full 24 hrs) Now all sitemaps are empty except ROR and txt
All xml files = 2kb and blank
All htm files 2kb and empty
ROR file ok
url txt file ok

Ideas?

Are links in script to the stylesheets being made relative or full?

This is a Windows IIS 7.5 (2008 R2) Server

Thanks,
Jay

yoc

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 02:53:53 AM »
In PHP Error Logs:

[08-Sep-2017 17:45:18 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php-7.1.9-nts-Win32-VC14-x64\ext\php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0

[08-Sep-2017 19:24:49 UTC] PHP Warning:  fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\yocracing\yoc\generator\pages\class.html-creator.inc.php on line 103
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 06:49:39 AM »
Hello,

Since your site is hosted on windows platform, in order to complete installation you should also set file permissions accordingly (allow write access to sitemap.xml, ror.xml files and data/ folder). On windows servers this is done in hosting control panel or via remote desktop access (instead of FTP).

yoc

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 07:41:34 PM »
Cut and paste...cut and paste....

This is the same reply you send EVERYONE on your forums with a windows server, obviously you don't get them...Would be much improved if you actually cut and paste a more useful response.

I have complete Administrator access to my server and have set up the correct access for your script and PHP.  (not through FTP but using remote desktop). There are many possible security concerns here I don't even want to start.

OK.

1. Using the latest version of your software.
2. Using the latest version of the Windows PHP build

The software does not error on write permissions.
The software is once again writing the .xml sitemaps to the root of the iis server without issue.
The software writes the ror.xml file OK
The software writes the urllist.txt file OK

The software cannot write the .htm sitemap with data anywhere...it writes empty 2kb files with only the styles in them. I have tried saving them in the data folder, generator root folder and the site root and they always write the same way - empty, only 2k big with just the styles.

PHP error log reports:
PHP warning: Unable to load dynamic library php_mysql.dll (many failures)
permission denied in generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php on line 102 (permissions are correct)

Let's see if we can't solve this. the table of contents pages aren't that critical but irregardless should function.

THX, jay

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 05:14:40 AM »
Hello,

1. this error message is related to PHP configuration on server side, but it won't affect generator since it's not using mysql:
> PHP warning: Unable to load dynamic library php_mysql.dll (many failures)

> permission denied in generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php on line 102 (permissions are correct)

In this case you also need to allow write access for IUSR_* to table-of-contents.htm file and all further files (table-of-contents1.htm, table-of-contents2.htm etc since there are 1,000 links per html file by default) which should be manually created.

yoc

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 08:11:15 PM »
Allowed write every way possible, still won't write html. (also as a note, won't write .xml files to the /data directory either)

What is the latest PHP version supported by version 7.0 of the crawler?

I was glad to get off PHP 5.6 because of the security flaws, but crawler 7.0 won't run on PHP 7.1.9

Any help is appreciated
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 05:18:53 AM »
Hello,

you need to install the latest version of sitemap generator (v7.2)

yoc

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 09:28:31 PM »
Can't use the new version until you figure how to get it properly write the html files to a windows server ... I have to go back to the version that works

yoc

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 01:30:26 AM »
WTF?

Clicked the box to make a delay between requests - set it to 1s after 1000 requests and now it writes the html maps....

Nothing to do with any extraordinary permissions.

What did this do to fix the write problem?
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 07:28:53 AM »
Hello,

that setting is not related to writing html sitemap, something else must have been changed in the meantime.

yoc

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 06:09:23 PM »
OK found it, Corrupted style file in the mods directory. Writes the html files fine now.

Created on:
25 September 2017, 20:10
Processing time:
43:20:40s
Pages indexed:

Images sitemap
2056 images

Pages processed:
Pages fetched:
Sitemap files:
Crawled pages size:
5,956.892Mb
Network transfer time:
42:44:20s
Top memory usage:
0.00Mb

Ran complete without stopping.

Now, new problem, the table-of-contents.htm files (what I call them) are dropping the last word off the descriptions.

Link:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Thanks for all the help!