Sitemap Generator Not Working With Redirects
« on: November 28, 2017, 05:38:07 PM »
Our site has several redirects from old html URLs to new URLs, as well as a redirect to append a trailing slash. The site still has some references to the old html URLs and URLs without the trailing slash. In all of these cases, the Sitemap Generator fails to follow the links (it processes the pages but does not index them). In fact, using the SE Bot Simulator on those URLs returns a Connection error message. To test it, I modified a URL to include a trailing slash and changed another URL from the html link to the new, correct address. In both cases the Sitemap Generator correctly indexed the pages. Is this something that is broken in the generator, or is there a configuration that is I'm missing?
Re: Sitemap Generator Not Working With Redirects
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 06:48:17 PM »
Here are examples of URLs that are processed but not indexed - if you go to the URL you can see they redirect to different URLs:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Here are examples of URLs I've changed on the home page to test, and they are successfully indexed now:

You can see this in the SEARCH ENGINE ROBOT SIMULATOR if you enter the domain. Almost all of the URLs found on the home page return a Connection Error in the Search Engine Bot, however the two working ones above work successfully with the Bot.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 07:30:20 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »
Actually, I think I might have found the issue - they are being skipped with the tag in the Change Log 'lu (ext)'. This post suggests it's due to redirects: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/forum/index.php/topic,8681.msg26663.html#msg26663

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 08:03:25 PM »
And this link suggests that the redirects are not added on purpose: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/forum/index.php/topic,7125.html

But why aren't the destination URLs added to the sitemap?
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 04:34:09 AM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.