Index file name clashing
« on: January 12, 2018, 05:28:21 AM »
Hi,

I have extracted the files of Standalone Xml Sitemap on the root folder of my site. Among the extracted files, there I could see an index.php file which clashes with the index.php file of my project.
Hence I tried renaming the file name from index.php to index_sitemap.php, which did not seem to work as I was unable to open the Sitemap Configuration page.
Please tell me how to properly rename this index.php file (that was extracted from generator folder), so that my site and the xml configuration page both can run successfully.
Re: Index file name clashing
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 01:31:39 PM »
Hello,

files should be extracted in a subfolder (like generator/), not in domain root folder.
You can find detailed installation steps here:
https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/howto-install.html
Gateway timeout error
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 05:48:15 AM »
Hi I was able to rectify the "Index file" related error. Thank you so much for the help.
After opening the "Crawling" section, I clicked "Run" in the "Crawl" section, the sitemap generator runs for few seconds and post that I got the message saying "Gateway Timeout The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application."
Please suggest how to run the sitemap generator successfully.
Re: Index file name clashing
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 08:04:10 AM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.