Does it work with Codeigniter?
« on: January 25, 2021, 01:09:54 PM »
Hi,

We are having trouble getting the sitemap generator to work on our site.  We are using Codeigniter.  Is it compatible?  If yes, are there any tweaks we have to do to the install/setup to get it to work?
Re: Does it work with Codeigniter?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 07:30:55 PM »
Hello,

there are no known issues with codeigniter. What exactly is the problem you get?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 09:03:07 PM »
Hi,

I followed all the install instructions and installed the directory for the XML Sitemap generator in my public_html directory.  I created empty files named ror.xml and sitemap.xml and confirmed that the generator admin pages loaded on the front-end.  I made sure to set the permissions listed for the various folders and directory.  I then tried creating a sitemap by selecting the "Start Creating Sitemap" button, but then the sitemap.xml file disappears from my server (this happened twice, as I double checked to make sure I did it correctly).  The generator front-end admin shows the attempted run of the generator and shows 0 pages indexed.  I made sure to point to the right location as far as the "save sitemap to" setting goes (inside my public_html directory...unless I should be doing something different there with Codeigniter?)

By the way, my developer asked if anything needs to be done to the .htaccess file to get it to work.  Please let me know if yes.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 09:05:41 PM by jhamed »
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 12:13:19 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 05:09:36 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.

Ok, done.  Thank you!