How to upgrade Sitemap Generator
« on: November 23, 2005, 08:58:39 PM »
If you have previous version of Sitemap Generator already installed...

Unpack the contents of distribution archive and upload all the files to the target folder on your server, make sure to overwrite existing file.

Existing customers can download the latest version using the original download link sent to you when you purchased.
Re: How to upgrade Sitemap Generator
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »
But if you use a custom template file "sitemap_tpl.html" it must not be overwritten by the update.

Is it maybe not a good idea to move the "sitemap_tpl.html" and "style.css" files from the /pages/* to /data/* folder to prevent this file from being overwritten when doing upgrades?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 11:46:39 PM »
Hello,

data/ folder is writable, so it is better to keep only generated logs in it.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 07:34:58 AM »
Thanks for the simplified instructions. I bought the stand alone version yesterday and had it up and running in about 10 minutes.

As my site has 650 pages, this has been a massive help.

Having previously having built manually, an html sitemap, I cannot tell you how reovieved I was to find this package. Well done!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 04:07:13 PM »
Hello,

I upgraded the sitemap and well as usual did not read all the instructions...so When I upgraded it I just uploaded all the files in the original folder...when I tried to execute the sitemap now by going to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] url/sitemap,  all that happens is it opens the folder...also when I would excute the sitemap.php file and run the generator...nothing happens it seems to hang there with no information scrolling on the screen with the pages scanned..

So I completely deleted all the files in the sitemap folder as well as the sitemap.xml files off the server started all over and I get the same issue...all my permissions are correct and the configuration page is set up...am I missing something???? ??? ??? ???
Thanks
Chad
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 04:14:07 PM by website »
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 01:10:36 AM »
Hello,

please try to increase  memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) .
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 01:08:44 PM »
max_execution_time = 30     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 60   ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 32M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

These are the current settings...any suggestions as to what the generator will require above this?

Thanks
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 07:46:51 PM »
Well I have increased the setting in php.ini file to what is listed below and still no change....all it does it sits there with the header saying "Please wait. Sitemap Generation in progress"  nothing is happening within the window...does not show pages scanned or anything...is there any other information that could be the problem????

max_execution_time = 300     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 120   ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 32M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

nickm

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 04:46:34 AM »
No doubt its a dumb questions but from where do I download the Sitemap Generator upgrades?
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 08:58:42 PM »
You should use the same link sent to you in automated email (the link doesn't change and always points to the most recent version).
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 09:53:30 AM »

If you have previous version of Sitemap Generator already installed...

Unpack the contents of distribution archive and upload the following files to the target folder on your server:
          * index.php
          * all pages/* files

And the download link is where? I can't find it - this might be me, haven't had enough coffee yet today  :-\
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 11:20:47 PM »
The download link is sent in automated email (to your paypal email address).
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 10:37:11 AM »
I never received the download link, is there any way to re-send?
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 09:11:56 AM »
Sorry for dumb question, but what does this
  * all pages/* files
mean?

Does it mean upload the two subdirs /pages and /data ???