Google Error - please help
« on: July 20, 2007, 07:27:37 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Can somebody please help me?  I am getting this Error Message from Google:

"LINE 3 - Missing XML Tag".

Here are the first 5 lines of code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <rss version="2.0" xmlns:ror="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]">
- <channel>
  <title>ROR Sitemap for [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]</title>
  <link>[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]</link>

Many thanks!
Ray

« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 09:14:49 PM by admin »
Re: Google Error - please help
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 05:19:38 PM »
Thank you SO much for coming back to me, but I'm afraid your suggestion made no difference.

I regenerated sitemap.xml, but Google still sees a missing tag error on Line 3.  The code below are the 1st 7 lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <urlset xmlns="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]" xmlns:xsi="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]" xsi:schemaLocation="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]">
- <url>
  <loc>[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]</loc>

Can you help?

Thank you!
Ray

« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 09:19:36 PM by admin »
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 11:52:37 PM »
Hello,

I've submitted http://www.domain.com/sitemap.xml to Google webmaster account and it was accepted:
sitemap.xml  Sitemap       Web      7 minutes ago      7 minutes ago      OK      11
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 02:49:47 AM »
Thank you SO so much .. Your help is greatly appreciated !

Ray
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 12:09:02 PM »
Can you please help me?  This post Title "Google Error - please help" appears as the 2nd result in Google when somebody types my url into the Google search box.

As this presents a somewhat unprofessional image to searchers, is it possible to delete this topic, and thereby (perhaps in time) this Title topic will not show up in Google search results?

Thank you,
Ray

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 09:11:56 AM »
Hi Oleg,

I very much appreciate you doing this (taking out my domain name from the thread).   Of course, the backlink is still there for the time being in the Search Engines. Therefore, mMay I ask the following three questions please:-

1/ The next time the engines spider, will the backlink go?

2/ When I enter my domain name in Google and Yahoo's Search Box like many people do (not the url field), do you know why I see this thread title as the "first" search result -ie. even before my own site.

3/ Is there anything else I can do to eliminate the search result?

Many thanks,
Ray
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 05:57:25 AM »
Hello,

the page will be removed from the search engine results as soon as they will respider this URL and update the index.
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 07:47:57 PM »
Thank you for the feedback ...

Ray