Ultimate Generator skipping pages for some reason
« on: April 24, 2006, 02:43:38 PM »
Hello,
I really like this tool but am having an issue.  For some reason I can not figure out, pages are being skipped and not written to any of the sitemap files.  My site is a PHP site.  The pages that are being skipped are nearly identical to pages that are not being skipped.  When I navigate the site, the link is not broken to the pages being skipped, nor does the online GUI show any broken links.

I have a page for each county in a particular state.  So for example, all the pages for Alabama and Arkansas (one php page per county) are being picked up and are on the sitemap.xml file, however, no pages from Alaska are on the file.  The pages are being created with "Save As" then a minor tweak, so in reality the pages are nearly identical. 

Something is preventing all 27 pages in Alaska, one per county, from getting crawled.

I tried to attach some examples but can not upload a PHP file.

Thanks in advance

Re: Ultimate Generator skipping pages for some reason
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 09:43:06 PM »
Hello,

please send me in Private Message the example URLs that are not indexed and your Sitemap Generator URL so that I can check this further.
Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 10:05:26 PM »
Hello,

Sitemap XML url is:

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Some example of some urls that are being skipped are:

Some examples of URLs that NOT being skipped are:

I wanted to ask another questions.  If I recall, the very first time I ran the crawl from [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], I think these Alaska pages were crawled.  In addition, it appers that each sibsequent time I run the crawl I get different results for all pages, including Alaska pages never showing up at all.   My question is..... are prior crawls "remembered", that is troed in a file and then skipped on subsequent crawls?    Is there a way to start over from zero, as if no crawls have ever been run at all?

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 01:26:04 PM by harrillj »
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 09:18:55 PM »
Hello,

Sitemap Generator doesn't remember the information from previous sessions and starts crawling from the scratch every time.
Please let me know the URL of the page that IS included in sitemap AND has link to one of the pages you listed.

Please note that there should be the links to all of your pages at the site, otherwise sitemap generator will not be able to find them.
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 09:45:05 PM »
Hello,

The page that is in the sitemap, and links to the pages that are not in the sitemap, is:

On the above page, there is a link for each county in Alaska.  There is a separate page for each county in Alaska that is not being crawled, or so it seems.

I attached a jpeg screen capture of the missing pages from the files panel in Dreamweaver.

Thanks
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 01:26:07 AM »
Hello,

the problem is with pages at your site like:
http://www.closing-agent-search.com/xxxxx.php?KTLogoutnow=1
these pages are setting the cookies that leads to a problem with next page retrieved.

You should just add the following to "Exclude URLs" and "Do not parse URLs" on Configuration page:
KTLogoutnow=1
and re-generate the sitemap.

Please let me know how it works.
Thanks!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 02:54:37 AM »
Looks like this did the trick!  Thanks much...