Error making sitemap and using HTTP Headers Viewer
« on: November 23, 2010, 01:54:12 AM »
Hi, whenever I try to make a sitemap on your website I get:

"There was an error while accessing the URL specified: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Please make sure to specify the correct website URL and resubmit your request."

I have tried [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and without [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] as well and both give the same error.

I read some forum questions and saw some people had http header errors so checked mine.  Mine comes back blank, no response, doesn't even show the html page title.

So I checked the http header at [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and it came back staus OK and showed page title.  I also made an xml sitemap at [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and it looks ok. NB I took down my regular site and am just using one test page with one sentence in it.  

Can you please tell me if there's something wrong on my end or is it your end?  I use your site regularly and have never had these errors.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:57:47 AM by jodee »
Re: Error making sitemap and using HTTP Headers Viewer
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 08:09:01 AM »
Hello,

please contact your host to check that requests to your site sent from our IPs are NOT blocked:
85.92.84.232  - 85.92.84.237
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 11:10:19 PM »
Hi admin, I just heard back from our hosting providers and they said the following:

"We don’t block the IPs quoted by www.xml-sitemaps.com in their forum reply to you.  Do they connect to the server using Curl?"

Also, I just tried to make the sitemap again incase it was an intermittent problem and I'm still getting the same error.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 11:50:26 AM »
Hello,

sorry, but IPs seem to be still blocked - I can't connect to your site using curl or wget in command line from our server, although the same command works fine from another server of mine.