Generator not working?!
« on: January 13, 2011, 04:06:29 PM »
I have uploaded the demo version in order to test before purchasing the full version but it does not appear to be working properly - the sitemap.xml and ror.xml have all been ticked to confirm write but when going back into the attributes only the owners permissions remains ticked.

Can you advise whats wrong please
Re: Generator not working?!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 07:37:28 PM »
I think its windows - but how do I know for sure?
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 08:26:32 PM »
If your site is hosted on windows platform, in order to complete installation you should also set file permissions accordingly (allow write access to sitemap.xml, ror.xml files and data/ folder). On windows servers this is done in hosting control panel or via remote desktop access (instead of FTP).

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 12:01:54 PM »
I set the write access from the control panel as you said - now I have an indexed list of 500 (trial version) but still having problems

This works
generator/data/urllist.txt
generator/data/sitemap.html

but these dont - even though they have write access.
ror.xml
sitemap.xml

Many thanks
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 12:09:30 PM »
the ror.xml appears to be working but the sitemap.xml says the following:
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Access is denied. Error processing resource '[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]./pages/mods/sitemap.xsl'.   

(I removed the web name for security)

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 07:06:50 PM »
Hi I think the problem stems from something I typed by mistake - a dot.

After my website I accidently placed a dot ie  ....com. as the sitemap.xml says
Access is denied. Error processing resource '[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]./pages/mods/sitemap.xsl'.
I have deleted the dot at the end of my web name in the admin area but it hasnt disappeared as above and ./data/urllist.txt

Can you advise how to remove the dot please
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 09:37:52 AM »
I have changed the file now I have a new message in sitemap.xml

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource '[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]'. Line 1, Positi...

?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]./pages/mods/sitemap.xsl"?><?xml version="1.0" encoding=...

Can you advise please
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 09:57:53 AM »
When creating the site map the following errors come up - copied before flashing off the screen!
Creating HTML sitemap...

Warning: usort() [function.usort]: The argument should be an array in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\wechillit.com\generator\pages\class.html-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 94

Warning: usort() [function.usort]: The argument should be an array in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\wechillit.com\generator\pages\class.html-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 94
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 09:49:39 PM »
Looks like you have updated the template file incorrectly, can you provide a temporary ftp access for troubleshooting? https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/contact.html