Somehow generator keeps going multiple levels over and over
« on: January 25, 2011, 07:04:44 AM »
My site is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], and when running the sitemap generator, it just keep running and running, multiple levels over and over.

For example, one page will show up with the following url's somehow:

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]. theshrimpfarm.com/shrimp/red-cherry-shrimp.php (exact same url shows for a second time but with a different title in the sitemap)
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]. theshrimpfarm.com/shrimp/shrimp/red-cherry-shrimp.php/
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]. theshrimpfarm.com/shrimp/shrimp/shrimp/red-cherry-shrimp.php/

And it would just keep going like this until the max number of levels has reached....
Any idea what is going on here? Something with .htaccess?

.htaccess has this line:
Redirect 301 /shrimp/red-cherry-shrimp/ [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Re: Somehow generator keeps going multiple levels over and over
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 02:42:20 PM »
Thank you, that does work for those urls. However, it does it in different places too where it makes this harder. For example, it adds links to the sitemap that are forwarded with .htaccess.

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] is forwarded to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]. But it adds both to the sitemap....

It also adds many links that are old, but don't exist at all anymore....
Re: Somehow generator keeps going multiple levels over and over
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 04:33:20 AM »
Thanks. I think I have fixed it. But it is no longer finding my blog at [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ].... it is not in the exlude list..... any idea?