Generator returns only homepage
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:22:17 AM »
Hi, I've been using xml-sitemaps.com for long and never had such problem. The generator returns only  Homepage URL. I did create html, urlist, ror and xml sitemap for the same website earlier and had no problem. What happened in between is "we converted html site in aspx and tried to use 302 redirection but  later on we reverted to html again (uploaded the html folder after removing aspx version from server)"..After a few day I realized webmaster showing error (though it shows sitemap is download recently), I thought to reinclude xml sitemap once again and came to xml-sitemap again and this time xml-sitemap only returned homepage url for all urlist, ror, and sml sitemap. Please anyone let me know the solution, I researched a lot but could not find anything convincing...whether I end up doing anything wrong over iis server during redirection or its just a problem of anything else...
Re: Generator returns only homepage
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 04:21:11 AM »
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 11:37:50 AM »
Thanks Admin,

It didn't work for a couple of days, and now It started working properly all of a sudden without any changes at my end.

jpl

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 01:04:15 PM »
I am having the same problem.  In several attempts this morning, only the home page was indexed; the other 208 are ignored.

I have been using XML-Sitemaps on [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] for a couple of years without problems.  The only notable change to the site since the last index is that the navigation block is now written via JavaScript rather than pasted into each page individually.  Is this a limitation of XML-Sitemaps?

JPL
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »
Hello,

yes, you should have links presented as html <a href=""> tags to make them included in sitemap.

jpl

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 10:16:42 PM »
Oleg,

Thanks for your response.

The <a href=""> links for the menu navigation are written to the HTML document by a JS function, and therefore they are not available for analysis until after it has been executed.  There is no other type of local link in the home page.  I'll have to find another way of producing the sitemap.

JPL