Can't create sitemap for subdomain
« on: May 19, 2011, 06:50:31 PM »
well, i've used this website before to create my sitemaps, and everything went fine. heres my issue, which could be (and probably is) on my server.
i had a folder before called bbb, with 30 html files for example. i would come here and generate a sitemap for my website aaa.com and aaa.com/bbb/ every was fine. well, now i have changed the structure of my website, and bbb is now a subdomain.
but if i try to do it like before (its the same folder) aaa.com/bbb/ i get no response, not even the index.html back from the sitemap generator. and if i try bbb.aaa.com, same thing.
can anybody help me please?
thanks guys.
Re: Can't create sitemap for subdomain
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 07:29:02 PM »
Update:
i have noticed that if i remove or rename the file index.html to anything else in those subfolders (subdomains) the tool works. Why? and if i do it like that, will my sitemap be acceptable?
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 12:04:30 PM »
Hi,

As per your last reply below, I understand that subdomains require their own sitemap.xml, as in
subdomain.maindomain.co.uk/sitemap.xml.

Does this also mean a 2nd instance of Sitemap Generator (your's not Googles old one! ;) ) to crawl this new url?

Is it / could it not be possible to crawl multiple urls from the same instance?

Thanks,
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 03:03:56 PM »
It's possible to change starting URL in generator configuration, but it's more convinient to setup a second generator instance.