Re: Installation in easier words
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2006, 01:17:00 AM »
Hello,

The generator is running on my site already, and it generates sitemaps correctly. My problem is that, when I run it, there are errors that appears on the activity monitor. I pasted the errors after this message for your review. The list is long, I just cut some of it be because it exceeds the maximum allowed length already. Why there are errors like that? Did I missed something on the installation  part?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Orwin Omega

--- Attachment: Error Message ---

Links depth: 3
Current page: resources/glossary/v/
Pages added to sitemap: 483
Pages scanned: 520 (6,281.1 Kb)
Pages left: 18 (+ 398 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 0:09
Time left: 0:00
Memory usage: -
Completed
Total pages indexed: 493
Calculating changelog...
Warning: fopen(/home/cebuesta/public_html/generator/data/urllist.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cebuesta/public_html/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 90

Warning: fopen(/home/cebuesta/public_html/ror.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cebuesta/public_html/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 93

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/cebuesta/public_html/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 104

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/cebuesta/public_html/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 150

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/cebuesta/public_html/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 158

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/cebuesta/public_html/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 150

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2006, 08:33:11 PM »
I installed the files and set the permissions, however, when I click on Run in the Crawling tab, all I get is

Please wait. Sitemap generation in progress...

Nothing shows up in the box below.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2006, 09:46:13 PM »
Hello ocomega ,

you should set permissions for data/ folder to 0777 and all files inside data/ folder (if any) to 0666.

mike_kenzie,

some servers are buffering script's output so you will not see anyting in progress details box and you should wait until sitemap is created. It's suggested to define "Save state" option in this case to be able to resume crawling in case if it stops/times out.
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2006, 03:05:02 PM »
Hi admin,

where is " "Save state" option? can i pause crawling of sitemap in between? and can resume it?

regards,
sukesh
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2006, 10:27:17 PM »
Hello,

"Save state" option is defined on Sitemap Generator configuration page.
You can stop the crawler by creating an empty interrupt.log file with 0666 permissions in generator/data/ folder.
You can resume the generation ONLY if you had "Save state" option defined at the moment when generator has been started.
Re: HELP PLS - Installation in easier words
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2006, 11:24:56 PM »
Hi can you tell me please. i have just purchased the Unlimited PHP Sitemap Generator pack.

I have downloaded the generator.zip file and have noticed that there is no generator/data/ file I have only the following files and directories

changelog
config.inc
documentation.html
index.php
license.html
runcrawl.php and a directory called /pages

can you tell me where I will get the /data from. And let me know if there is any other file/s or directories missing or can the installation be done with what I have.

Please advise ASAP.

Thank you

Regards

Ken

Thank you
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2006, 02:03:01 AM »
Hello,

please try to re-download the package - it has just been updated with a new release - Sitemap Generator v2.5.
Thank you.
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2007, 08:14:07 PM »
This installation is WAY too complicated.  I don't understand it and even if I did, it would take hours if not days to figure it out.  We host our website with a large company. I cannot risk copying PHP files to their servers even if I had time to decipher the installation instructions.  Please refund / credit my account as this is not the product I expected. I will do whatever you wish to return and/or uninstall these zip files.  Let me know asap OR I will call my credit card company and will dispute the charge. I'd rather handle it thru your company first though.

By the way, it seems weird that you do not list a contact number or email in your Contact link.  Why is this?
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2007, 09:05:29 PM »
Hello,

you can order the installation service here in case if instructions are confusing.

Our email address is included on the contact us page https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/contact.html :
If you don't find the solution for your problem, feel free to post your question at the board or contact us via email