Generator displays 404 errors but they work
« on: April 03, 2012, 01:48:17 PM »
Hi,

We have a few (specific) websites that require a sitemap but when we try to make one it'll only use a few links and tell me the others are 404 pages. Every generator on the web does this, Our webhost is Godaddy but I doubt they're the cause, as there's websites that we can make complete sitemaps with aswell.

I've already tried using a delay time so it doesn't send out too much requests but it doesn't help.

I'm pretty sure it's the websites but I have no idea how to confirm this.. The links are;

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Help would be very much appreciated!
Re: Generator displays 404 errors but they work
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:03:59 PM »
Hello,

although content is displayed in browser, it sends 404 http header, which is incorrect. You should contact your site developer to fix this.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 12:20:58 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your fast answer.

Do you have any idea how one should fix this?

Kind regards
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 10:37:31 AM »
You'd need to contact your site developer for the specifics, there might be different reasons for this.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 10:42:48 AM »
It seems the issue is with Godaddy (as usual).

It seems they think it's okay to filter put a filter on accounts of customers that do this. people have reported a 80% loss in site ranking/traffic and Godaddy just gives the standard response.

Guess I'll go mail them and hope for the best.

Thanks for your help, I wouldn't even have figured out this whole header thing without you!