How often to run Cron jobs?
« on: July 15, 2012, 12:29:11 AM »
Hi guys,

I am new to this website and sitemaps for that matter. I was able to get the unlimited sitemap installed but my only question was how often should I have the cronjob running? My website is a torrent based search engine website which I would say updates twice a day, so should I have cron jobs run the sitemap update every hour, day, or week? Please any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 03:57:45 AM by jaydenverse »
Re: How often to run Cron jobs?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 09:48:36 AM »
Hello,

it is recommended to have sitemap updated with a cron job. A daily scheduled task is more than enough, there is no need to update it more often.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 05:20:47 PM »
ok thank you. How about handling sparate sitemaps? I know I have to create blank ones and put them in the root folder but can I create a folder for just those sitemaps and somehow redirect the generator to that folder or does it have to be the root folder? The reason why I ask is I am looking at creating about 20 to 30 sitemaps so I am trying to be orderly with my files.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 08:33:01 AM »
Hello,

you can create them in a subfolder, then submite in google webmaster account to make sure they are processed correctly.