Need help on my newly generated html sitemap, thanks.
« on: November 21, 2012, 03:48:37 AM »
This is my very first post here and I am really really new to sitemap, so please don't laugh if you think this question is too simple. :)

I just used the online tool to build the sitemap for my site [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

I have attached the html sitemap with this post.

The question is: why there are so many (40) pages of "mailto" under component? where are they from? I don't have those pages in my site.

Thank you.

P.S. I meant to post html sitemap but was rejected, so what posted here is the xml format
Re: Need help on my newly generated html sitemap, thanks.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 10:38:51 PM »
Hello,

these are links like "component/mailto/?tmpl=component&template=rt_syndicate&link=..." on your site and generator finds them.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 12:45:05 AM »
Hello,

these are links like "component/mailto/?tmpl=component&template=rt_syndicate&link=..." on your site and generator finds them.

I knew that, but in terms of SEO, are they effective links? should they be retained or removed?

Thanks.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:17:21 AM »
Apart from the mailto, I also noticed (from the html sitemap) that there are 2 pages under styled-extensions/27-fp-roknewsflash, I believed they are from the template I am using but I already unpublished all un-needed pages, these two seem to be missing ones but I just couldn't location them, is it possible to tell from the sitemap where are they?

Thank you for your help.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 01:31:37 PM »
> I knew that, but in terms of SEO, are they effective links? should they be retained or removed?

I would remove them.

>  I am using but I already unpublished all un-needed pages, these two seem to be missing ones but I just couldn't location them, is it possible to tell from the sitemap where are they?

There is no such a feature.