Strange <loc> entries when I create sitemap.xml file
« on: November 28, 2012, 03:11:10 PM »
I purchased this script some months ago. Hopefully someone could shed some light on this for me.

When I create an .xml sitemap file, I get urls appear in <loc> that do not refer to my site website whatsoever.

It looks as though I am getting hacked somewhere, but cannot for the life of me work out how.

My sites files have not been touched, and mydatabase has not been injected. These strange file names only appear when I generate an .xml file or html sitemap. And it does not matter what service I use to create an xml sitemap, I still keep getting these random entries.

Can anyone she some light on this issue, and may an idea on how to solve this issue.

For example, this is what I see amongst my proper results. I have quite a few entries with what looks like russian names.

<url><loc>[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]</loc></url>
There is no such file on my server with this name kontakti-admin.html

<url><loc>[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]</loc></url>
There is no such file on my server with this name razvlecheniya-v-sochi.html

There is no such file on my server with this name novosti-sochi.html
Re: Strange <loc> entries when I create sitemap.xml file
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 07:30:36 PM »
Hello,

you have links to those URLs somewhere on your site.
In case if file/page is not existing you should make sure that you server returns 404 File not found error.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 05:01:06 AM »
Thank you for you reply.

The strange thing is I have searched my whole database for the file kontakti-admin.html just in case mysql has been injected, I also searched right across my webspace for kontakti-admin.html and all the other files that have nothing to do with my site, and none of them exist.

I cant work out where these bogus entries are coming from and how they are gettting added to the .xml file.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 05:29:15 AM »
This person seems to have the same problem as me
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 06:02:54 PM »
> This person seems to have the same problem as me

This is a plugin for wordpress to create sitemap, not related to our sitemap generator.