Problems since upgrading
« on: May 19, 2017, 08:05:17 PM »
First...after installing the new version of sitemap generator on one of my own domains, it allows me to access without logging in like previous versions.  This concerns me because just anyone could access it. For this reason I am hesitant to install on my customer's server. For years I used a previous version of Sitemap Generator and everything was great.  I had it installed on one of my domains and used it to generate sitemaps for a couple different customer domains.  I have purchased and installed the latest version because it just stopped working for the other domains. I see now that I must install on the server where the domain is hosted.  Do I have to purchase the generator for each domain I want to use it on?  And, how do I get it to display the login page so no one else can access it on my server or my customer's server? 
Re: Problems since upgrading
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 11:11:24 PM »
Hello,

you can define login/password of sitemap generator configuration page.
Please also note that sitemap generator can be used for own personal sites only , i.e. it cannot be used to create sitemaps for 3rd party sites or provided as a service (paid or free): https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/license.html (separate licenses need to be purchased for that)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 11:47:24 PM »
Not using it as a paid service.  I purchased it to use for one client.  Do I have to install it on his server to get it to work correctly?  My previous version allowed me to use it for any of his sites but I had it installed on my server.  That doesn't appear to work anymore.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 08:53:22 PM »
I have tried without success.  I contacted you over a year ago and it seemed that maybe the server was the issue. We updated to a new server and I still cannot get the generator to create the xml files. They are blank and I get an XML Parsing Error when I try to download:

XML Parsing Error: no root element found
Location: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Line Number 1, Column 1:
^

What next?
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 04:35:51 AM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.