Re: Configuring in easier words
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2009, 12:59:51 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Regarding cashing, is that an IIS setting? if so which?
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2009, 09:45:19 AM »
Hello, Guys,

I am new here, I got a website of [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], and just install the generator.
Could you pls advise how to do with other setting, such as Miscellaneous Settings,Narrow Indexed Pages Setting, and so on.
Your help is high appreciated
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 09:46:51 AM by payment83 »
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2009, 09:51:15 PM »
Hello,

you can leave all settings unchanged, they are already pre-populated with most often recommended values.
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2009, 04:06:38 AM »
Hi
I did the installation exactly as referred in the pdf file, when I run the crawler I got this error:

Please wait. Sitemap generation in progress...
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator,  and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2009, 01:01:43 AM »
Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2009, 02:02:15 AM »
I increased the memory_limit and max_execution_time and it didn't work
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2009, 11:23:14 PM »
Hi there,

I am totally new on this, therefore I have paid an installation service for the sitemap.

I have seeing thet the "generator" domain is already under [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

I have also a new file sitemap.xml on [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

So, now the questions:

— Do I have to wait for a confirmation that the installation is done? I noticed it by accident, so I do not know if the file is ready
— On the google webmaster tools I have submited the sitemaps as follow: sitemap.xml which added to the site URL that has already Google results in: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] but Google did not accepted it
— I have tried submiting like this: httpdocs/sitemaps.xml; but also did not accepted.

Could you please tell me which is the resulting URL of the sitemaps? What shousl I submit to google webmaster tools?

Thanks

skapada

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2009, 10:46:36 PM »
Hello,

you will receive an email with details once installation is completed.
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2009, 10:43:55 PM »
Hi there,

I have already received the email, however when I add the URL to google as said in the email [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] Google does not accept it (it appears a red cross besides the sitemap.xml

If I just type that complete url on a navigator it seems it does not exist.

Actually the sitemap.xml is not on the root directory of my Web site but in http:// mysomain/httpdocs/sitemap.xml (but this address also does not work).

Please help

Thanks
skapada
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2009, 08:15:28 PM »
Hi there,

My site does not allow any file on the root directory in the way [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
So I was copying it in several location until  under  /generator/sitemap.html was accepted by Google.

However from this file were indexed just 2500 pages out of 18,698  pages submitted after some hours.

Is that normal?

Sorry if I look too stupid

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2010, 06:08:19 AM »
Did I waste my money? I cannot use FTP with my site...(template). My host will not let me use FTP unless I build from scratch. Can I get my money back ... scan and create from your website somewhere?? I am using your "free" version but I have thousands of pages...so I bought the stand alone... You have NOT replied to my email...and that was a month ago. So now what? I'm not going away without an answer.  8)   ;)
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2010, 02:16:33 PM »
Hello,

I cannot find any email messages from you, and it looks like your account was created on January 23rd, 2010 (today) only.