sitemap not generating all links
« on: July 06, 2008, 01:39:14 AM »
i've used the sitemap generator a few times now.the first time it did a great job indexing all the links and the file attachments.  the subsequent times, it doesn't include the attachments, which is unfortunate, since i run an absentee voter site which includes all available voter registration forms and absentee ballot applications.

here's my site:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

i've checked my robots.txt and the files directory isn't forbidden.

any ideas?  i'd really like to generate an updated sitemap for google, since i've moved some things around and deleted others.  if i can't get the generator to work, i'll combine the old one and a newer one using a text editor, but that seems like a pain.

thanks!
debra
Re: sitemap not generating all links
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 03:55:16 AM »
i used the search engine bot simulator on a page that links to almost all the forms ([ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]) and it found the links without any problem.

any ideas why the xml sitemap generator isn't finding these links? 

thanks!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 07:26:18 PM »
here's one link that's not included:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

all of the links that aren't included are in the drupal_files folder.  it's odd since they were included the first time i ran the site generator. i'm trying to submit a new sitemap to google that shows all of the newly added voter forms, and the generator isn't picking up on any of them.

thanks for your help with this.
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 07:50:56 PM »
hey, thanks!  that did the trick!