Question about Last Modified Date
« on: December 01, 2017, 04:12:19 PM »
I have been successfully using your product for many years.   The new website interface is confusing.   I want the last modified date to appear next to the all files in my sitemaps.   If I create a XML sitemap using your free product and the website has less than 50 pages, the date appears in the sitemap where I want it to.  I have one website with 320 pages.  When I run your free sitemap generator on this website, the date does not appear even if the files have recently been modified.  How do I get the last modified date to appear on the 320 page website?  Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:14:01 PM by phil23 »
Re: Question about Last Modified Date
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 05:19:09 PM »
Hello,

"last-modified" attribute in case if your website returns "Last modified" http header (not every website returns this header though).
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 07:58:48 PM »
In the old XML site map software you had the option of entering a last modified date and the site map was prepared using that date on all the files.  The new software does not seem to have that option.  What am I missing?
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 08:09:39 PM »
Please try now, it will auto-fill current date for the entries where Last-modified header is not supplied by the website.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 08:47:53 PM »
Works now.  Thanks!!