rae

header errors in sitemap.html
« on: March 12, 2007, 03:20:24 PM »
My sitemap.html shows the incorrect date & number of pages. Where should I look to fix? Also would rather the sitemap.html page was at the root level rather than .../generator/data/sitemap.html . Can I just change the /xxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/generator/data/sitemap.html to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] ?
Thank you, Rae
Re: header errors in sitemap.html
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 08:19:19 PM »
Hello,

it shows the date when last sitemap has been generated. Yes, you can define the path for sitemap.html file to store it in domain root (you should manually create sitemap.html file and set 0666 permissions to it in this case).

rae

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 09:11:27 PM »
Sorry, it's not working as expected - the date in the header/title area of page is showing as Site Map, Homepage, Last updated: 2007, January 16, Total pages: 973 . I see I also put this thread in the free generator rather in stand alone, sorry about that. I'm on Standalone Sitemap Generator (PHP) v2.5.2, you installed it 3-4-07.

The date has been stuck for at least a week, that is why I upgraded. The sitemap details show
Request date: 12 March 2007, 05:36
Processing time: 126.60s
Pages indexed: 1081
Sitemap files: 1

Rae

rae

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 09:25:22 PM »
I also created a sitemap.html page at the root and set permissions to 666 (server requires 3 digits, can't use 0666), now I get an error in the generator saying the page can't be written to.

Rae
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 12:42:33 AM »
You can try to reinstall sitemap generator from the scratch to resolve it.

rae

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 06:43:23 PM »
Have it working, didn't reinstall- I read another post about sitemap2.html etc., in stand alone forum (where I should have been in the first place). Redid the sitemap.html at root level and added sitemap2.html at the root level, verified permission at 666, recrawled and now I have the html sitemap pages at the root level with correct date. The only difference I can establish was the number of html pages requested.